Aloe vera is a popular plant for a multitude of reasons, from health to skincare to hair growth. It is proven to contain vitamins and enzymes that detoxify and support the immune system, lower cholesterol and blood sugar which help in digestion, the boot of vitamins and also help with acne and dehydrated skin.
You can use its fresh gel in your hair and beauty routine to make them healthier and beautiful. You might have this plant in a container or in a garden, but do you know how to grow aloe vera plant in a coconut shell? No, then you must check out this article for complete details.
How To Grow Aloe Vera Plant In Coconut Shells?
Coconut shells work great to grow indoor plants, especially for soilless planting. While growing plants indoors you should consider several factors such as drainage, nutrient density, and acidity level. Coconut shells are perfect to provide all these factors to grow a plant.
Growing aloe vera plant in a coconut shell is also simple when you know how to take care of it.
- Select the coconut shell which is about 15 cm and the aloe vera height should be 25cm.
- Use moist but well-drained soil and make sure to check the moisture with your finger. If the top of the soil 2-4 is dry, then it is time to water them.
- Apply water at the soil level and if possible avoid wetting the foliage.
- Fertilize it once in a month, use slow-release fertilizers that are good, care-free choice for container plants. Too much fertilizer can damage plants so it’s important to follow the package and directions to determine how much, how often to feed plants.
- As you are growing aloe vera in coconut shells as a hanging plant, prune it often to maintain the desired size and shape. Keeping the foliage trimmed also keeps the plant looking heat and tidy which encourages the plant to develop more side-shoots and flowers. It also reduces the demand for the plant to develop a larger root system.
- Keep this plant in good indirect sunlight and make sure to keep it dry slightly in the winter.
- It can be kept outside in the winter to support its growth.
I hope you got good info on how to grow aloe vera plant in coconut shells. If you think your friends have to learn this please share it on your social networks.